Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Magnets

I posted a tutorial yesterday on how to create a magnetic board using a broken mirror, magnetic paint and fabric.
So I thought I'd show you how I made my magnets to go on the magnetic board.

First, I picked the scrapbook paper to coordinate with the fabric I used on the board. Then I traced around my glass shapes. I bought some squares and circles from Sun and Moon Crafts.

I love the squares because they have the rounded corners and they're nice and thick. Of course you can also use the glass globs that you can find in the floral section of most craft stores.

I cut out my shapes.

I used some glue that I bought from Sun and Moon Crafts to see if it's better than Glossy Accents. I just brushed on a thin layer of the adhesive. After it was dry, I put a thick layer of glossy accents on the back of the paper to kind of "seal" it. I have to say, the glue did dry better than the Glossy Accents. I'm going to buy some Diamond Glaze and try that out later for comparison.



I Super Glued a magnet from Hobby Lobby on the back.

And now I have some cute magnets to use on my magnetic board.

I think I'm gonna make some for the fridge next!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG this one too?? Adorable!